10 Tips To Build Business in the New Year
The rush for self-improvement at the New Year is a great time to grow your business. And with 47% of people say they want to focus on self-improvement in the New Year (Statistic Brain), this is the perfect time to educate clients that self-improvement resolutions are further reaching than just weight loss. With this in mind, we have 10 tips to help you build your business during this “new year, new you” season.
1. Encourage clients to incorporate aesthetics into their “new year, new you plan.” Self-improvement is a broad category that definitely includes aesthetics and beauty treatments. However, consumers don’t always think of it this way. Get the word out on your blog, in advertisements and on social media. Remind consumers that their face is the most visible part of their body and a crucial piece in a total self-improvement package.
2. Be solution oriented. Clients usually have specific skin concerns in mind that they want to improve. When marketing to your clients, think from their point of view – their skin concern. Tailor a “new year, new you” message specifically to them to them, discussing how they can reverse sun damage, decrease wrinkles, or lighten under-eye dark circles to help them look and feel their best this year.
3. Stock up. Make sure you are prepared for the new year, new you rush by having ample inventory on hand at the start of the year. This is also a great time to invest in sample-sized products so that your clients who want to overhaul on their aesthetic routine can try before they buy. (This month Stemology is offering a free sample with full size purchase on all serums and moisturizers.*)
4. Staff up. Nothing is more frustrating than having loads of clients wanting your services, but not enough service providers to accommodate them. Be prepared for the “new year, new you” rush by configuring your staffing schedule early. And encourage staff members promote their “new year, new you” services via their own social networks.
5. Make it a package. Consider creating a New Year, New You package that combines services and products with a savings. Design the package to run the time it takes for the client to see maximum results from your services, and watch them come running back for more!
6. Remember to take before & after pictures. We all know this is a step that is so easily forgotten. But you’ll want those images to show your client (and potential clients!) how amazing their results are. So, set a reminder, make a checklist, or do whatever it takes to help you remember to take before and after pictures of your clients.
7. Research 2017 beauty trends. Knowing what’s trending is a great way to continue the conversation, whether it’s in-person or on social media. Don’t know where to start? Here’s what Vogue, Allure and Elle are predicting.
8. Plan a VIP event. Who doesn’t love to be treated like a VIP? Plan a New Year, New You VIP Event after the holidays and include a special VIP promotion only available for people who attend the event. Help your best customers look their best in 2017.
9. Educate clients and be helpful. By focusing on client education and how you can help them feel better, you are creating emotional connections with your clients, and longer-term customers. Wanting to look beautiful is a deeply emotional desire. The more you respect that in your practice, the more loyal your customers will be.
10. Utilize your brand partners. Contact your brand partners now to find out what marketing promotions they are running that you can take advantage of. Many brands have pre-designed signage, email templates, marketing materials and more that you can use to build your own business. (Stemology offers monthly sell-in and sell-through promotions, as well as numerous education modules and marketing materials to help you be successful!)
Here’s to a New Year and a New You in your business. Happy Holidays everyone!
For more information about Stemology skincare, visit http://medresultsnetwork.com/stemology-skincare/.
*Restrictions apply. Minimum order of 12 pieces to qualify. Contact your MRN representative for more information.